Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Am Thankful For ... Family

As I take this month to reflect on all the things I am thankful for, one thing that I am absolutely thankful for is family. A family builds a strong foundation from which anything can grow. What I love about family is that it can come from anywhere (blood family or a family you make through friends). A family gives you strength, courage and the knowledge that someone out there is always loving you and has your back...no matter what.


This picture was taken on Thanksgiving day, 2004 with some of my female cousins (there I am next to my abuela on the left) and my grandparents a month before my grandmother passed away from cancer. My abuelo would join her a year later. I can't be sad about them passing because that loss is greatly outweighed by all the fantastic memories I have with them and with my family. Great days like this are seared into my memory. I have thousands of them including all those that I have added with my little family.

I hope you take the opportunity this month to reflect on your own blessings. 

Much Love,

Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment