Sunday, April 8, 2012

Salsa Sunday: Cantaloupe Salsa

Happy Easter to you all! Today was a nice relaxing day. Just me and my little family. More on this in another post though; because its about the get fruity in here...


Cantaloupe  is probably one of my favorite mild fruits. Don't get me wrong now... I am a fan of all melons but this one was my first love (as far as melons go). So I was making a light fish dinner tonight... and what better topping than a light/mild cantaloupe salsa?

CANTALOUPE SALSA

1/2 of a large cantaloupe, diced
1/2 of a bunch of cilantro, diced
1/4 - 1/2 of a red onion, diced
lime and salt to taste

Optional: Diced Jalapeno to your liking,
Sugar if your cantaloupe was a bad pick (this can happen)


Now try to get a cantaloupe that is sweet but not over-ripe. This can be harder said than done. I employ the knocking method. If you lightly knock on the melon and you hear a small noise then you have got a decent melon. No noise? Put that melon back and walk away...slowly.


Chop up that cilantro! Use your stems! I hear some people don't so I thought I would mention that they have the majority of your cilantro flavor. 


Look at how things are coming along. I am already salivating...


Get your onion diced...


And get your lime ready...


Then stir in all your ingredients, taste, add lime, salt, or other items and taste till it is to your liking! Enjoy! 
I know I did. 

                  Buen Provecho!
~ Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment