Purchase one bunch of Swiss Chard...soon you will be purchasing several bunches! Swiss chard has a beautiful green leaf and colorful stock. They come in many colors, such as red (above and below), white, yellow, orange and purple.
Wash the Chard well and shake it out!
Trim off the green leafy part and save the rest for your chickens if you have any. :-)
Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with salt or, Parmesan cheese or nothing! for this one I added garlic infused olive oil and pink sea salt.
Spread it out over the pan (probably not so much on the pan as this) and get ready to bake it!
Heat up your oven to 325 degrees.
Place your chips in to bake for about 10-12 minutes.
They will come out nice and crispy. Allow to cool on a rack or just like this for a minute or two.
And try not to eat them all right then and there so you can store some for later or give as a gift. Everything looks cute in a jar.
Swiss Chard Chips
One Bunch of Swiss Chard, Washed and leafs cut off stem.
Olive oil (you can use all sorts of infused oil too get creative!)
Salt or your seasoning of choice
- Wash cut and tear your chard greens up till you get a bowl full of chip sized leaves. Shake them up in a colander to get as much water out as you can (to reduce baking time).
- drizzle with some olive oil and add seasoning. mix well.
- Spread over one (ore more) cookie sheets. Make sure to use parchment paper so the chips don't stick to the cookie tray. Trust me some will.
- Heat up oven to 325 and place you cookie sheets in to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- cool chips and store for eating! :-)