Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pico de Gallo con Aguacate

That's fresh salsa with avocados! This is just one way to make Pico de Gallo. It is simple and with the California weather there is usually fresh tomatoes (even in January,  but not for long). The Salsa I made was a smaller version than the recipe below which is twice the amount. There were only 2.5 people eating this and it is better fresh so I did not want any to go to waste or I would be forced to eat it!

 First you want one small white or purple onion

 6 Roma Tomatoes (Any tomato will do as you can see above but I am partial to the Romas for this salsa. Can't get my hands on them locally at this time of the year though.)

 1/2 to one bunch of cilantro. Stems and leaves!

One Avocado. Two if you like more. I certainly do!
 1/2 to 1 jalapeno depending on spice tolerance. For what we made with this I opted out of the jalapeno for my little ones sake. 

 Juice from one fresh lime (as you can see above this is not fresh) this can be used if your in a bind. Like I am more often than not.

 Chop all your ingredients up and mix together! drizzle a little lime and salt for taste. I have even heard of people using garlic salt! It is delicious too!

Then TRY to save some for your meal.

Pico De Gallo con Aguacate (Avocado)

Ingredients
One small white or purple onion diced
6 Roma Tomatoes (or your tomato of choice) diced
1/2 to 1 bunch of cilantro with stems and leaves, chopped
One to two avocado diced
1/2 to one jalapeno (or none) finely diced
The juice of 1-2 limes
Salt to taste

Directions
Mix all ingredients, add lime and salt to taste and enjoy!
Buen Provecho!

Misguided Maiden

1 comment:

  1. If you have not had this scrumptious treat by Sette, you are SOOO missing out!

    ReplyDelete