Sunday, March 25, 2012

Salsa Sunday: Pico De Gallo Con Queso

This salsa is a bit similar to the Pico De Gallo Con Aguacate except for one glorious switch of ingredients. What switch is that you ask? Well...just a simple substitution. Instead of avocado...try Monterey Jack Cheese. Yes...cheese. It is simply to die for.


My fondest memory of this salsa would be coming home from track practice when I was still in high-school. My mom would have a big heaping bowl of this waiting with a stack of warm corm tortillas. Let me tell you...this salsa on anything is GOOD...but in a warm corn tortilla? MAGIC.

So without further or due...

 PICO DE GALLO CON QUESO


Ingredients:
Tomatoes
Cilantro
Jalapeno
Onion (red or white)
Monterey Jack Cheese, Small Cubes
Juice from lime
Salt to taste
*If you need amounts, refer to this salsa*
 

Just for general purposes, here is how I dice my tomatoes. After a while you can get pretty fast. Especially if you eat alot of salsa...like me!


Oh...I am SO excited that tomato season is almost here!


Now for the cheese. Cut to this approximate thickness.


Then cut those into matchsticks and then into little cubes. Very small cubes work best. If the cubes of cheese are too big then the salsa will not taste right. See that cube above the "g" in the watermark? Yeah that small.


Get all those ingredients together, squeeze that lime juice, and stir. Then add salt to taste.


So try this salsa out. You may end up loving it as much as I do. Go ahead...make a memory out of it.


                                   Buen Provecho!

~ Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment