Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Salsa Sunday: Strawberry Salsa

Ok...So I know it is not Sunday anymore, but I can't miss this post. Salsa Tuesday anyone? I could have salsa everyday! So here it is...better late than never! I guess I will write it as if I was writing it this last Sunday. That should be fun...

.
.
.

Hey all...have I ever mentioned that I HATE teething? well I do. especially when there are more than two teeth coming in at once. I understand that baby's can't quite self soothe yet and I am all for providing comfort to my little one...but I still hate teething. Oh well. I am just scraping this post in today and I am glad that I get to share this weeks salsa experiment with you!

Strawberry season is in its early stages here in California, and this tasty fruit was selling for $1.99 for two baskets! tSo... I could not pass up the opportunity to do two things: One was make and eat chocolate dipped strawberries (eaten too fast for a picture mind you!) and two is to make some strawberry salsa...

Strawberry salsa you say? Yes...Strawberry salsa.


Strawberry Salsa

2 baskets of sstrawberries, washed and diced
1/4-1/2 of a red onion, diced
1/2 a bunch of cilantro, washed a diced
1 juice of lime
Salt to taste
Optional: 1-3 tablespoons of Blood Orange infused olive oil instread of lime


So this was an experiment. I have heard of this salsa being made but I had to know for sure...


How would it turn out. What could you eat it with?


It is worthy enough to eat with a spoon? The answer to this question was a obvious YES!


After adding the limes I decided that I loved it but I wanted to experiment more. Could I add more than just lime?


The answer was yes I could! I substituted the lime for this little secret weapon and it took the salsa to a different level. Both versions are equally good. This one was good on pork, the lime version on fish.


I also wanted to point out the salt I generally use. This pink baby is nice a mild and adds to the taste instead of overwhelming it with saltiness.


Once you have chopped all your ingredients and have debated over the lime or snooty olive oil options, you add salt to your liking and mix that baby up to eat!


Here it is over Sunday dinner. This was fabulous!

                                            Buen Provecho!
 ~ Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment