Sunday, February 26, 2012

Salsa Sundays: Black Bean and Corn Salsa

So each Sunday I am going to do every salsa in my creative arsenal (one each Sunday). Why you ask? well I like the idea of it, I have loads of salsas that I have learned from my family, friends, others that I have created and just random mis-matching of whats in the fridge that day to make tasty genius; plus I love to eat it so it is a great excuse to eat something yummy! Wait...what am I thinking! Salsa is very good for you!

This one I learned from my mom and she probably learned it from somewhere else too or created it on her own; I am not sure. But this one makes a great salsa or salad.

BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA


Your ingredients are:
1 can of Black Beans, rinsed
1.5 Cups of sweet frozen or fresh corn, thawed if frozen
1 Bunch of cilantro washed and chopped
1 Red bell pepper washed a diced
2 Roma Tomatoes washed a diced
1/2 of  red onion diced very small
1Avocado diced 
The juice of one lemon
1 Jalapeno Diced very small (optional for spice)
Salt to taste


Chop it all up and dump it in your bowl...


Stir, add you lime juice and salt to taste.


And ENJOY!

                                                                                  Buen Provecho!
~ Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment