Friday, February 24, 2012

ABC Wall: Part Four. Drawing and Painting

Now the hard work begins...

I know some folks have fancy cut-out machines and fancy printers, but at this time in my life I am unable to afford such things. I am completely OK with this too because you can still do so much with less money...you just need to put a little more time into things.

So for me I go back to my roots of drawing and painting.

I have been painting and drawing since I can remember and I find it very therapeutic. So I printed out all my images (on the "low-ink" option with my 20 dollar printer) and used them as references to draw them onto watercolor paper.


Another option is to trace the printed images (I did trace out all the fonts as well as the porcupine and zebra images and those were a bit tough for me). Tape your images to a window with lots of light, put your paper over and now you can see through and trace! FABULOUS!



Then its on to lots of painting. To save time and errors I often traced the images with the black paint first and filled in any small holes so it would be easier when I went to paint the rest of the spaces black.









Now its time to finish painting these babies! We are so close to seeing the final product!

~Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment