Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In the Kitchen: Salad Beets

Not too long ago I was paying a visit with my parents. You know...so they can see this guy.



Well my mom made an awesome dinner (as she usually does) and in the salad were these beautiful and delicious beets.


As I devoured that salad and asked my mom where she bought the beets?
They were the cooked kind mind you.


She said...I made them in the oven. WHAT?!!?


So when I got back home I did too.


They were oh so good.


Beautiful, delicious, cheap and easy. Enjoy!

Salad Beets

Beets, Washed and patted dry

Water and Sugar

Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.

Place the beets in the oven and allow to slow cook for two hours. Remove and cool.

Peel beets and slice them to your desired thickness.

Place them into the container, storing them in sugar water at your desired sweetness.

They will keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.

Buen Provecho!

~ Misguided Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment